Access Statement for The Olive Branch and Beech House, Clipsham,
- June 2009 Rutland
We are a traditional village inn with bar and restaurant facilities in three converted farm labourers cottages on one side of the road (The Olive Branch) and six bedrooms in a converted house (Beech House) on the opposite side of the road. We endeavor to ensure all our guests are made to feel welcome and where possible facilities are in place to accommodate all our guests and visitors.
• We are contactable and all our facilities can be booked by;
- internet www.theolivebranchpub.com,
- fax 01780 410000
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone – 01780 410355
• Upon request we can provide literature in large print.
• Our website font can be enlarged, using the view tab on your web browser.
• There is very little public transport in our area, we can arrange an appropriate taxi service from a list of our recommended companies.
• We would suggest all guests contact us prior to visiting to ensure we can discuss any specific requirements and ensure we are prepared for the guests’ arrival.
• Service dogs are allowed in The Olive Branch and the ground floor rooms at Beech House, we can provide water bowls.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• We can reserve parking spaces for guests upon request within 10 metres of the main entrance, we will ensure a member of staff is available to assist guest upon arrival but would advise guests bring a 'helper' should they need specific assistance.
• The Olive Branch car park is gravel, but spaces can be reserved on the road with access from the road without kirb, the path is then flat with a combination of slab, brick and stone paving, there are no handrails and at night lighting is adequate but not bright.
• Beech House car park is gravel a space will be reserved for guests staying in our disabled suite ‘Chocolate’, within 5 metres of the room, the car park is gravel. Access to the room is across level slab paving, with a small half inch high door threshold, there is no handrail, the area is adequately light at night but is not bright.
Main Entrance, Reception
• There are three main entrances to The Olive Branch the middle door marked private is the most accessible with a small threshold, we ask guests to inform us by telephone 01780 410355 or e-mail of your estimated arrival time and will shall ensure a member of staff is available to assist.
• There are no further doors between the entrance, dining areas and bar, and the surface is level with wide walkways.
• For guests staying at Beech House we can arrange check in to take place in the room.
• A member of staff is always available to assist with luggage.
• All the public areas at The Olive Branch are on the ground floor.
• All doors and corridors are wide enough for a wheelchair with a small raised threshold in the doorways (1)
• There is a toilet suitable for wheelchairs on the ground floor of The Olive Branch
• We can provide larger font menus upon request
• The dresser with fridge, DVD's, books and guides is on the first floor at Beech House and only accessible by stairs, there is a member of staff on duty from 7.30am to 12midnight should a resident require anything from this area.
• For guests staying at Beech House all meals are served at The Olive Branch pub which means crossing the graveled car park, then the road (which has access via lowered curb). We are able to offer assistance to guests in wheelchairs to cross the gravel or we can serve meals in the room if preferred.
• We have a ground floor suite ‘Chocolate’ in an annex to the back of Beech House which has been built specifically for wheelchair access. It has a double room and small twin room, sitting room and bathroom/wetroom with handrails, a walk in shower and deep bath. There is a telephone next to the bed in the double bedded room we have staff on-site at The Olive Branch from 7am till 12midnight every day and emergency contact numbers on the telephone to offer out of hours assistance. However, we advise guest come with a ‘helper’ should this be appropriate.
• We allow dogs in the ‘Chocolate’ suite, and can provide a water bowl, there is field appropriate for dog walking next to Beech House.
• We have tried to be as accurate and provide as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. We are always willing to give information on any specific aspect of Beech House or The Olive Branch if this statement does not answer you particular requirement.
• Please inform us by telephone, e-mail, letter or fax of any specific requirements you have so we can make everyone visit as comfortable as possible.
The Olive Branch and Beech House
Main Street Clipsham Rutland
Tel: 01780 410355Fax: 01780 410000
• We have plans to create a level paved path from the ‘Chocolate’ suite across the gravel to the pavement to assist access from Beech House to The Olive Branch
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01780 410355 or email email@example.com