- Michelin Bib Gourmand - every year since 2003
- Michelin Pub Guide 2013 'most liked' the Red Lion Inn.
Daily Mail Review - December 2010
“But at the Red Lion, in Stathern, came another gastronomic highlight.....”
'Splendid range of drinks and imaginative food in civilised dining pub, open fires, good garden'
The Good Food Guide
- Entry every year from 2003 to 2013
Hardens Restaurant Guide
- Entry every year from 2004 to 2013
- "Why can't all pubs care as much about the food" as this "friendly" and "informal" hostelry, which attracts rating overall only a fraction below those of it's more famous sibling (The Olive Branch, Clipsham); as well as food there is a "wide range of wines and beers" - both in the bar and dining room.
Leicestershire & Rutland Restaurant Awards
- Local Produce Menu of the Year 2008
Observer Food Monthly - July 2007
Ten Great Country Pubs
'The food is exceptional and that includes its ploughman's that comes with fine home-made pork pie. If Melton Mowbray is the only area allowed to claim rights to the pie then the Red Lion should also be given legal status under the EU 'protected-name scheme' as the best place in England to consume your pie with a pint.'
All the events and offers throughout the summer at our country pubs...
"at the Red Lion, in Stathern, came another gastronomic highlight...."
Read the review of the Red Lion Inn, one of only two pubs in the East Midlands awarded the 'we most liked' stamp..
Read about the Red Lion Inn the July Observer Food Monthly, Summer Drinks review....